Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint a Schools Sports and Cohesion Coach to support it in its delivery of sport in schools and the community.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality football and sports coaching in Wigan primary schools as part of the Community Trust’s PPA offer that works with 16 schools a week. Delivering PE lessons to pupils from reception to Year 6 in selected schools.
- Ensure that all activities delivered are in line with the Primary School PE Curriculum and OFSTED guidelines
- Build and manage effective working relationships with host schools and all staff within the schools to ensure continuation of PPA contracts with selected schools.
- Assist in the delivery of evening football and sport sessions as part of the Premier League Kicks project
- Collect the required monitoring information and ensure it is recorded accurately on the VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation system
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport
- Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football
- Proven track record of successfully delivering PE and sports coaching in schools to young people of all abilities and ages
- Good knowledge of the current Primary School Curriculum and OFTSED guidelines
- Awareness of safeguarding issues when working with children and young people
For further details of the role and the person specification please view the job description here
The salary for the role is £15,000 pro rota.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
All positions with Wigan Athletic Community Trust are offered only on successful completion of an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for the position please complete the application form here
and return via post or e-mail to email@example.com
Wigan Athletic Football Club
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th February 2017