JOB TITLE: Accountant
Based at: Montrose Skills Hub, Wigan
Reports to: Head of Community
Job Role: To provide accountancy support and assistance with financial matters to the Head of Community and Board of Trustees
Hours of work: 15 hours a week
Contract: 11 months (fixed term)
- To produce monthly management accounts for the Community Trust including profit and loss and balance sheets.
- Assist in the creation of budgeted figures and analysis of any variances
- Provide support to a team of project co-ordinators in monitoring project budgets and producing financial reports.
- To introduce and oversee the use of a computerised accounting system for the Community Trust
- Cash handling, banking and bank reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly payroll information for sessional coaching staff
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing invoices
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to operate within a team environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Qualified to AAT Diploma Level 4 or equivalent or above
- Experience of using computerised accountancy packages such as SAGE
- Driving licence
- Experience of working for a charitable organisation and understanding of legislation governing charitable accounts
To apply for the position please send a CV and covering letter to:
Head of Community
Wigan Athletic Community Trust
Montrose Skills Hub
Salary: Subject to experience
Deadline for applications: 5pm Friday November 1st 2013
Successful candidate will be expected to complete an enhanced CRB check before commencing employment.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.