Ryan Shotton made a last minute loan switch to Wigan Athletic last night and he’s been stuck in straight away down at the Christopher Park training ground as you can see in our exclusive gallery above.
To get to know Ryan a little bit more we bring you our 12th ’10 facts’ of the summer:
1. Shotton joined Stoke City aged eight and has been at the Britannia Stadium club for 16 years.
2. He played in nine of Stoke’ Europa League games during the 2011/13 season, tasting defeat just twice in the knockout rounds against Valencia and scoring two goals in games against Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hajduk Split.
3. Latics are Shotton’s fourth club on loan, as he played over 30 games for each of Altrincham (2007/08), Tranmere Rovers (2008/09) and Barnsley (2009/10).
4. While at Altrincham in 07/08 Shotton played in the same team as former Latics midfielder Gareth Whalley and former trainee goalkeeper Russell Saunders.
5. Brother Liam is also a footballer, playing as a forward for Singapore side Hougang United.
6. Shotton was born on 30 October 1988, two days before Latics ended a five game winless streak with a 2-1 away victory at Southend.
7. He is a versatile defender/midfielder, having played at centre back, right back, right midfield and even right wing once under Tony Pulis at Stoke.
8. In 2012 Shotton claimed Stoke’s Young Player of the Year award.
9. He made his first Stoke appearances aged 19-years-olds as a late substitute in a 2008 League Cup game against Cheltenham.
10. Ryan has played against Latics once previously in December 2011 when he was judged to have fouled Hugo Rodallega in the penalty area, allowing Ben Watson to strike a late equaliser for 2-2 with his first touch of the ball as a substitute.