Wigan Athletic today welcomed yet another new signing to the club, in the form of former Norwich City defender Leon Barnett. To bring you up to speed here are ten facts about the latest new boy...
1. Barnett was born on November 30 1985, sharing a birthday with former Latics players David Glenn and Peter Houghton.
2. On the day he was born Tony Kelly, Mike Newell and Colin Methven were on target for Latics at Springfield Park in a 3-2 Division Three win over Lincoln City.
3. Wigan Athletic is the 27-year-old’s sixth club; having previously played for Luton Town, Aylesbury United (loan), West Bromwich Albion, Coventry City (loan), Norwich City and Cardiff City (loan).
4. His first professional goal came in August 2006, in a 2-0 home win for Luton Town against Leicester City.
5. A versatile defender, Barnett can take up a number of positions across the back, but in his early years made a name for himself as a winger or striker.
6. There will be a few familiar faces in the Dressing Room on his first day at the club having played alongside Emmerson Boyce (at Luton Town), Scott Carson (West Bromwich Albion), Marc-Antoine Fortune (West Bromwich Albion) and Grant Holt earlier in his career.
7. Barnett also played alongside former Latics loanee Patrick van Aanholt, whilst on loan at Coventry City during the 2009/10 season.
8. The defender certainly has promotion credentials, having climbed out of the Championship on three occasions with three separate clubs; with West Brom in 2008, Norwich in 2011 and Cardiff City last season.
9. He made his Premier League debut at the DW Stadium, featuring for Norwich on the opening day of the 2011/12 season in a 1-1 draw against Latics.
10. His final game for Norwich was against his first club Luton in the Canaries’ FA Cup fourth round tie back in January before joining Cardiff City until the end of the campaign.